(Located on grounds of Calvert Marine Museum, Solomons, MD)
1883 Forty-six foot tall, white hexagonal 1 1⁄2 story cottage on seven wrought-iron screwpiles constructed on the north side of the mouth of the Patuxent River in ten to twelve feet of water, 70 feet offshore. Exhibited a fixed red light with 4th-order Fresnel lens.
1933 Summer storm floods cottage. Weather instruments, motorboat and skiff washed away.
1944 Station electrified.
1960 Lighthouse automated.
1962 Lighthouse deactivated. Replaced by lighted buoy. Silting places lighthouse on dry land. Vandalism, neglect and nature contribute to deterioration.
1966 Calvert County Historical Society decides to adopt lighthouse.
1973 Lighthouse placed on National Register of Historic Places.
1975 Forty-one ton lighthouse moved two miles upriver to Calvert Marine Museum, at Solomons, MD by Diamond Construction Company of Savannah, GA. Restoration begins.
Source: Bay Beacons by Linda Turbyville