Chesapeake Chapter’s 2019 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
JOIN US FOR
The 12th Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
10 Lighthouses * 1 Lightship * 2 Days!
The Lights of the 2019 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
We added a NEW mandatory light!
The planned line-up of Mandatory Lights around the route includes:
*Early Bird Special. Visit participating lights on Friday, September 20, 2019
Complimentary souvenirs will be given at each Challenge location. You are welcome to visit any number of lighthouses along the Challenge route, but you will have to visit all mandatory stops to be able to proclaim “I’ve seen the lights!” and collect a specially designed souvenir to mark your accomplishment.
Bonus Lights include TWO beautiful locations:
- Millers Island Lighthouse
- Blackistone Lighthouse Replica
Bonus Cruise: Thursday, Friday, and Monday. Details coming soon.
Visiting these lighthouses is not counted toward event completion, but will take Challengers to three more beautiful Bay locations, earning them extra event souvenirs!
Mark your calendars now!
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Cory Talbott, email@example.com
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions.
2. Visit the ten lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the required ligths.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- Scouts Patch Program – 2019 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Any Boy or Girl Scout that completes the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge is eligible to receive the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch. REQUIREMENTS To earn the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch, the scout must complete the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, September 21-22, 2019. See information regarding the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge at cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/ The ...