Chesapeake Chapter Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
POSTPONED UNTIL 2024
Mark Your Calendars!
We are looking for a volunteer to be the Lighthouse Challenge Committee Chair and volunteers for the Committee.
Interested? Email the Vice President at: email@example.com
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge – September 2024
10 Lighthouses * 1 Lightship * 2 Days!
The Lights of the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
The planned line-up of Mandatory Lights around the route includes:
*Early Bird Special. Visit participating lights on Date TBD
Complimentary souvenirs will be given at each Challenge location. You are welcome to visit any number of lighthouses along the Challenge route, but you will have to visit all mandatory stops to be able to proclaim “I’ve seen the lights!” and collect a specially designed souvenir to mark your accomplishment.
Bonus Lights include TWO beautiful locations:
- Fort Washington Bell/Light Tower
- Blackistone Lighthouse Replica
Visiting these Lighthouses is not counted toward event completion, but will take the challengers to more beautiful Bay Lighthouse locations, earning them an extra event souvenir! *One Souvenir per challenger.
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: MD LH Challenge Committee Chair (currently vacant): firstname.lastname@example.org
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions. LINK BELOW!
2. Visit the ten lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the required lights.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.