The 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
September 19 and 20
Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge
List of 1st Finishers
Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY!
Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter!
Form Meets Function: The Diverse Architecture of the Maryland Challenge Lights by Tony Pasek
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CHALLENGERS AND VOLUNTEERS!
You made this year’s event a success!
Here is the 2015 Line-up of Lights:
Challenge Lights (Mandatory stops for Event Completion): Choptank River Lighthouse Replica (Cambridge), Concord Point (Havre de Grace), Cove and Drum Point (Solomons), Fort Washington (Fort Washington Park), Hooper Strait (St. Michaels), the Lightship Chesapeake (Pier III Baltimore’s Inner Harbor), Piney Point (Piney Point), Point Lookout (Scotland) and Seven Foot Knoll (Pier V, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor).
To the Challenge faithful, please note: Due to circumstances beyond our control, Turkey Point Lighthouse will not be participating in this year’s event.
Event rules remain the same as in previous years: Visit any lighthouse and receive a souvenir at each! Visit ALL mandatory lights necessary for event “completion” (noted above) and receive a special souvenir proclaiming that you have “seen the lights!”
2015 BONUS Lighthouses
NEW! Miller’s Island (View from Dock of the Bay restaurant in Colton’s Point), Blackistone Lighthouse Replica (St. Clement’s Island), and Sandy Point Shoal (an offshore caisson style lighthouse visible from land at Sandy Point State Park – near Annapolis).
Stay tuned and come September – Gas up that vehicle and let the good times roll…
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, email@example.com
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (below).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- 1st Finishers Results! – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge Maryland Lighthouse Challenge First Finishers – In Order of Time Finished Concord Point: David and Diane Richmond, Hanover, Maryland; 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. (Grand First Finishers!) Drum Point: Lisa & Evan Mintz, Dix Hills, New York; 3:57 p.m. on Saturday. Piney Point: Hilari Seery North Carolina; 5:18 p.m. on Saturday. Baltimore: Rose, Rick and Melissa Royce, Laurel, Maryland; 9:03 a.m. on Sunday. Fort Washington: Tom Betancourt, ...
- 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge The Chesapeake Chapter’s 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge The 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge September 19 and 20 Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge List of 1st Finishers Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY! Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring – Form Meets Function: The Diverse Architecture of the ...
- Our Sponsors – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge WE THANK OUR SPONSORS!
- Rack Card – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Rack Card Help us spread the word about our 10 year Anniversary Celebration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a bundle of rack cards to hand out at your favorite location, group or to share with friends and family.
- Souvenir: Stamps – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge CHALLENGE LIGHTS COMPLETER BONUS LIGHTS BONUS CRUISE
- Special Edition Newsletter – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring Form Meets Function: The Diverse Architecture of the Maryland Challenge Lights by Tony Pasek www.cheslights.org/pdf/15ChallengeIssue.pdf
- T-Shirt Design – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge Introducing the 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge T-Shirt Design.