The Chesapeake Chapter’s 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
The 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge +1!
September 21 and 22
Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge
List of 1st Finishers
Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY!
Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter!
Featuring the The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – Then and Now by Tony Pasek
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CHALLENGERS AND VOLUNTEERS!
You made this year’s event a success!
WE THANK OUR SPONSORS!
Here is the 2013 Line-up of Lights:
Challenge Lights (Mandatory stops for Event Completion): Choptank River Lighthouse Replica (Cambridge), Concord Point (Havre de Grace), Cove and Drum Point (Solomons), Fort Washington (Fort Washington Park), Hooper Strait (St. Michaels), the Lightship Chesapeake (Pier III Baltimore’s Inner Harbor), Piney Point (Piney Point), Point Lookout (Scotland) and Seven Foot Knoll (Pier V, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor).
To the Challenge faithful, please note: Due to circumstances beyond our control, Turkey Point Lighthouse will not be participating in this year’s event.
Event rules remain the same as in previous years: Visit any lighthouse and receive a souvenir at each! Visit ALL mandatory lights necessary for event “completion” (noted above) and receive a special souvenir proclaiming that you have “seen the lights!”
2013 BONUS Lighthouses
Blackistone Lighthouse Replica (St. Clement’s Island), Jones Point—the “+1” in the 2013 Maryland Challenge–(a lighthouse, just south of the western end of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Alexandria, Virginia), and Sandy Point Shoal (an offshore caisson style lighthouse visible from land at Sandy Point State Park – near Annapolis).
Stay tuned and come September – Gas up that vehicle and let the good times roll…
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (below).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- 1st Finishers Results! – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge1. GRAND FIRST FINISHERS Concord Point LH Diane and David Richmond MD 09/21/13 3:25 PM 2. Ft. Washington Sandy Thorn-King, Robert and Romand MD 09/21/13 5:33 PM 3. Hooper Strait Karen and Fred Hundtermark, Michelle Gerry, Rhonda and Dwayne Sanders MD 09/22/13 11:54 AM 4. Point Lookout Myrna and Butch NJ 09/22/13 12:00 PM 5. Drum Point John & Pat ...
- 2013 MD Lighthouse ChallengeThe Chesapeake Chapter’s 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge The 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge +1! September 21 and 22 Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge List of 1st Finishers Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY! Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring the The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – ...
- Our Sponsors – 2013 MD Lighthouse ChallengeWE THANK OUR SPONSORS!
- Press Release – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge2013 CHALLENGE PRESS RELEASE
- Rack Card – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Rack Card
- Souvenir: Beacon Bucks – 2013 MD Lighthouse ChallengeCHALLENGE LIGHTS COMPLETER Completer – 2015 Beacon Buck The Beacon Buck Story BONUS LIGHTS Sandy Point Lighthouse – 2015 Beacon Buck Blackistone Lighthouse Replica – 2015 Beacon Buck Jones Point Lighthouse – 2015 +1 Beacon Buck BONUS CRUISE Hooper Island Lighthouse – 2015 Bonus Cruise Beacon Buck
- Special Edition Newsletter – 2013 MD Lighthouse ChallengeDownload the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – Then and Now by Tony Pasek www.cheslights.org/pdf/13ChallengeIssue.pdf
- T-Shirt Design – 2013 MD Lighthouse ChallengeIntroducing the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge T-Shirt Design. This design is also available as an 8″ X 20″ Print. Look for it at selected location along the Challenge route.