Chesapeake Chapter’s 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS!
Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY!
The 11th Maryland Lighthouse Challenge was held on Saturday and Sunday,
September 16 and 17, 2017, with an early bird date of Friday, September 15 on Maryland’s eastern shore..
The 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
September 16 and 17
The Lights of the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge:
The clockwise line-up of Mandatory Lights around the route includes:
Complimentary souvenirs will be given at each Challenge location. You are welcome to visit any number of lighthouses along the Challenge route, but you will have to visit all mandatory stops to be able to proclaim “I’ve seen the lights!” and collect a specially designed souvenir to mark your accomplishment.
Bonus Lights include:
- Millers Island Lighthouse
- Sandy Point Shoal Lighthouse
- Blackistone Lighthouse Replica
Visiting these lighthouses is not counted toward event completion, but will take Challengers to three more beautiful Bay locations, earning them extra event souvenirs!
Mark your calendars now!
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (COMING SOON!).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- 1st Finishers Results! – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge Saturday, September 16 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge FIRST OVERALL FINISHERS – Cove Point Connie and Bobby Dietz from Brandywine, Maryland, 4:10 pm Fort Washington Lauren and Jennifer Schnitzlein from Abingdon, Maryland, 4:17 pm Point Lookout Dawn Linthicum & Richard Kwiatkowski from Columbia, Maryland, 5:24 pm Piney Point Cindy Bragg from Columbus, Ohio, 6:00 pm Sunday, September 17 Baltimore Daniel, Vicki and William Ashton from Germantown, Maryland, 8:10 ...
- 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge souvenirs available for purchase Attention Challengers! Available along the Challenge route, while supplies last, don’t miss the opportunity to purchase a 2015 – 10th Anniversary Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Booklet and Stamp set*! The booklet contains timelines of all the Challenge Lights and other pertinent information. Each beautiful color stamp in the set affixes to the corresponding page in the booklet. ...
- 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge Chesapeake Chapter’s 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 1st Finishers Results and Photos A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS! Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY! The 11th Maryland Lighthouse Challenge was held on Saturday and Sunday, September 16 and 17, 2017, with an early bird date of Friday, September 15 on Maryland’s eastern shore.. The 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge September 16 and ...
- After Challenge Survey – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge We would love to hear from you, whether or not you attended this year’s MD Lighthouse Challenge. If you only visited one or numerous lighthouses, attended previous years or other state challenges, we want your feedback to help us make the event a bigger success! Thank you!
- Challenge Fees and Schedules – 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Challenge Fees and Schedules – Last update: August 7, 2017 NOTE: We have had multiple inquiries for directions. They are currently being reviewed to make sure nothing has changed on the roadways, and will be posted within the next week or so. Sorry for the delay, but we want to be as accurate with our directions ...
- Collectible Pin – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge The 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Collectible Pin. Available at select stops along the Challenge route. At this time, it is anticipated that the stops will include Concord Point, Drum Point, Hooper Strait and Piney Point. Any change will be noted on the Challenge webpage as the event draws closer.
- Cub Scout Troop Earns Chesapeake Chapter Scout Patch This quarter we celebrate three Cub Scouts who earned the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch! Boy Scout Cub Scout Pack 451 from Lusby, Maryland The troop led by Rodney Erickson completed the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge. The scouts, Arrow of the Light, Brett Sheranko; Bear, Derek Sheranko; and Tiger, Curtis Sheranko. Congratulations boys!! ~ ...
- Last minute Updates for the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge A few last minute updates and pointers: 1. Plan on completing the Challenge at your 10th MANDATORY LIGHTHOUSE STOP. You can visit any of the Bonus Lights last – but your completion souvenirs will only be available at the mandatory lighthouses. 2. Another suggestion for parking in Baltimore is as follows: From North and East: Go west on Lombard ...
- Our Sponsors – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge WE THANK OUR SPONSORS! Sawyer Chesapeake Bay Fishing Charters & Chesapeake Bay Tours www.sawyercharters.com/
- Rack Card – 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Rack Card Help us spread the word about our 11th Maryland Lighthouse Challenge! Download a PDF here or email email@example.com if you would like to receive a bundle of rack cards to hand out at your favorite location, group or to share with friends and family. Also click the ‘Like’ button below and ...
- Scouts take the 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge We have received Scout Patch Program applications from six Scout troops that participated and finished the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, earning the Chesapeake Chapter Scout Patch! The following troops received their patch, certificates and the bonus Thomas Point Shoal coaster. Girl Scout Troop 2762, from Lusby, MD – Led by Sonya DeGuzman – Cadettes: Rosalee Simmons, Kaitlyn ...
- Souvenir: Coasters – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge CHALLENGE LIGHTS COMPLETER BONUS LIGHTS BONUS CRUISE Information and details for making reservations are available at Sawyer Fishing Charters & Chesapeake Bay Tours, 410-397-3743 www.sawyercharters.com/chesapeake-bay-lighthouse-cruises.htm. SPECIAL EDITION Earn a Special Edition Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Coaster Become a member, renew your membership, give a gift membership, OR donate a minimum of $10 to the H.E.L.P. Fund and you will receive a special ...
- Special Edition Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Coaster Earn a Special Edition Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Coaster When you become a member, renew your membership, give a gift membership, OR donate a minimum of $10 to the H.E.L.P. Fund you will receive a special edition souvenir coaster from the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, depicting a beautiful photo of Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse by photographer Bill ...
- Special Edition Newsletter – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring Cruisin’ for Coasters… The 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge by Karen Rosage and Lauren & Paula Liebrecht 17ChallengeIssue.pdf
- T-Shirt Design – 2017 MD Lighthouse Challenge Introducing the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge T-Shirt Design. Available at select stops along the Challenge route. At this time, it is anticipated that the stops will include Concord Point, Drum Point, Hooper Strait and Piney Point. Any change will be noted on the Challenge webpage as the event draws closer.