Chesapeake Chapter’s 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
The highly anticipated 11th Maryland Lighthouse Challenge will be held on Saturday and Sunday,
September 16 and 17, 2017, with an early bird date of Friday, September 15 on Maryland’s eastern shore..
The 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
September 16 and 17
The Lights of the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge:
The clockwise line-up of Mandatory Lights around the route includes:
Complimentary souvenirs will be given at each Challenge location. You are welcome to visit any number of lighthouses along the Challenge route, but you will have to visit all mandatory stops to be able to proclaim “I’ve seen the lights!” and collect a specially designed souvenir to mark your accomplishment.
Bonus Lights include:
- Millers Island Lighthouse
- Sandy Point Shoal Lighthouse
- Blackistone Lighthouse Replica
Visiting these lighthouses is not counted toward event completion, but will take Challengers to three more beautiful Bay locations, earning them extra event souvenirs!
Mark your calendars now!
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, email@example.com
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (COMING SOON!).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- Scouts Patch Program – 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Any Boy or Girl Scout that completes the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge is eligible to receive the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch. REQUIREMENTS To earn the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch, the scout must complete the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, September 16-17, 2017. See information regarding the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge at cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/ The ...