The 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge
September 19 and 20
The event will take place Saturday and Sunday, September 19th and 20th. There will be an early bird date of Friday, September 18th for Challengers who want to jump start their Challenge adventure on Maryland’s eastern shore*!
The Lights of the 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge:
The clockwise line-up of Mandatory Lights around the route includes:
Complimentary souvenirs will be given at each Challenge location. You are welcome to visit any number of lighthouses along the Challenge route, but you will have to visit all mandatory stops to be able to proclaim “I’ve seen the lights!” and collect a specially designed souvenir to mark your accomplishment.
As of this writing, the line-up of Bonus Lights include:
- NEW! Millers Island Lighthouse
- Sandy Point Shoal Lighthouse
- Blackistone Lighthouse Replica
Visiting these lighthouses is not counted toward event completion, but will take Challengers to two more beautiful Bay locations, earning them extra event souvenirs!
Each year, the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge has a theme. This year, the focus will be lighthouse architecture, with special emphasis on John Donohoo, the most prolific builder of Chesapeake Bay Lighthouses.
With all lighthouse types but one being presented along previous Challenge routes, look for exciting word this spring on the final, a SKELETAL TOWER, being added to this year’s line-up of lights! Stay tuned for this other Challenge news as it develops.
Mark your calendars now for this most celebratory Challenge of them all!
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, email@example.com
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (COMING SOON!).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- After Challenge Survey – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge We would love to hear from you, whether or not you attended this year’s MD Lighthouse Challenge. If you only visited one or numerous lighthouses, attended previous years or other state challenges, we want your feedback to help us make the event a bigger success! Thank you!
- Bonus Cruise! – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge – Thursday, Friday and Monday, September 17, 18, and 21 For those able to spend an extra day touring the great state of Maryland, there will be a 2015 Bonus Cruise to see some of the Bay’s more elusive lighthouses! This all-day excursion will be offered on Thursday, Friday and Monday, September 17, 18, and 21, 2015. Cruise participants will have the opportunity to view the following ...
- Discounted Hotel Accommodations – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Discounted Hotel Accommodations 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Route The Chesapeake Chapter wishes your stay in Maryland to be a wonderful one. For your convenience, listed below are the hotels/inns that are offering discounted accommodations along the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge route. The Chesapeake Chapter does not assume any responsibility for these accommodations, only that they are in ...
- Driving Directions – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge DOWNLOAD PDF DIRECTIONS Updated as of 9/11/15 Direction Order Update: Optional Bonus Millers Island Lighthouse is located BETWEEN Concord Pt. and Seven Foot Knoll. See Millers Island Directions BEFORE following directions from Concord Point to Seven Foot Knoll. Concord Point Havre de Grace, MD 410-939-3213 www.concordpointlighthouse.org GPS: 39 ̊ 32′ 27″ latitude, 76 ̊ 05′ 06″ longitude From Seven Foot Knoll (approx. ...
- Our Sponsors – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge WE THANK OUR SPONSORS!
- Rack Card – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Rack Card Help us spread the word about our 10 year Anniversary Celebration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a bundle of rack cards to hand out at your favorite location, group or to share with friends and family.
- Scouts Patch Program – 2015 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Any Boy or Girl Scout that completes the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge is eligible to receive the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch. REQUIREMENTS To earn the Chesapeake Chapter, U.S.L.H.S. “Keeping the Lights Shining” Scout Patch, the scout must complete the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, September 19-20, 2015. See information regarding the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge at cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/ The ...
- Souvenir: Stamps – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge CHALLENGE LIGHTS COMPLETER BONUS LIGHTS BONUS CRUISE
- Special Edition Newsletter – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge Special Edition Newsletter - 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge
- T-Shirt Design – 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge Introducing the 2015 MD Lighthouse Challenge T-Shirt Design.