1836 Thirty-four foot tall brick lighthouse and Keepers’ dwelling built by John Donahoo of Havre de Grace, MD for $3,888.
1855 Old reflecting apparatus consisting of 10 lamps and 10 15-inch reflectors replaced with a 5th order Fresnel lens. Range increased to 11 miles.
1880 Thirty foot tall bell tower added to the light station for fog protection. 1884 Keepers’ dwelling enlarged with the addition of the second story.
1954 Bell tower destroyed by Hurricane Hazel and not rebuilt.
1964 Lighthouse decommissioned by US Coast Guard.
1980 Ownership transferred to St.Marys’ County and placed under the jurisdiction of the Museum Division.
2002 Wooden stairway installed to allow access to the lantern room.
Source: Bay Beacons by Linda Turbyville