1867: Congress appropriates $10,000 to construct a screwpile lighthouse at Somers Cove, MD on March 2.
1867: Somers Cove Lighthouse, a square screwpile, is completed.
1880: Somers Cove Lighthouse is repainted.
1891: Four of the diagonal girders are repaired.
1898: Keeper William Insley is seriously injured on December 22.
1899: New model fifth-order lamps are delivered.
1901: Soundings are made around the lighthouse and various repairs are made.
1928: The lighthouse is automated and listed as an acetylene light.
1932: The lighthouse is dismantled. A flashing white light is mounted on a skeletal tower and mounted to the remaining foundation.
- Annual Report of the Lighthouse Board, various years.
- Annual Report of the Secretary of the Treasury on the State of Finances, various years.
- Forgotten Beacons, Patrick Hornberger & Linda Turbyville, 1997
- The Baltimore Sun, December 24, 1898