For our second workday up in Baltimore we had a crew of six Chapter volunteers. It was an overcast day with intermittent showers. The weather held long enough for the work on the repairs to the door to the half deck to be completed. Later in the day the interior side was painted. Maybe next month it won’t rain as much when we return so we can paint the exterior.
Speaking of painting – there was a bit of that. Some of the pipe fitting bins in the lathe room were painted and others scraped and primed. Some of the brackets that had been previously cleaned were primed but we didn’t have the correct color of paint to finish that job. The ceiling of one of the crew’s rooms was given a second coat of paint. One corner had been scraped, primed and painted. Another coat was applied and we just cleaned and painted the entire front portion of the room so the cleaned area wouldn’t stand out quite as much. Some other brackets up on deck were scraped and primed during a lull in the drizzle. And last but not least a third coat of paint was put on the exhibit display cabinet.
There was a bit of other work. One of the wires was replaced in the engine room fidley. Some of the chill room brackets were tapped. A large block in Anchor Windless Room was moved so the signs behind it giving some details on the anchor could be seen. The filters in the fans were cleaned as were two fuse holders and three DC switches. The Plexiglas on the displays was cleaned. One of the officer’s rooms was scraped where the paint was flaking.
For a small crew we made some decent progress!