Grave Site Ceremony – Keeper John O’Neill – Angel Hill Cemetery
– Welcome by Master of Ceremonies: S. Greg Krawczyk, President, Chesapeake Chapter, US Lighthouse Society
– Reading of events leading to the appointment of John O’Neill as the first keeper of Concord Point LH Lighthouse
– Unveiling of USLHS grave marker and flag installation
– Reading of Lighthouse Keepers Prayer
– Amazing Grace on the bagpipes
– Remarks by Mayor William T. Martin
– Closing remarks
Reception at Lighthouse Keepers Residence
———– Original Post ———–
The Chesapeake Chapter and friends of Concord Point Lighthouse in Havre de Grace will be holding a special ceremony next Sunday, August 6 at 2:00 pm, honoring Keeper John O’Neill. It’s the day before “National Lighthouse Day”! The event will be similar to last November’s ceremony at Holy Cross Cemetery when we honored Keeper Thomas J. Steinhise. The event was MC-ed by Greg and quite a few descendants of Keeper Steinhise were in attendance.
If you are in the Havre de Grace area next Sunday, stop by the Angel Hill Cemetery on Route 40 in HdG and look for a group gathered near the top of the hill at the grave of John O’Neill. Mr. O’Neill was the first keeper of Concord Point Lighthouse when it became operational in 1827 and several O’Neills served as keepers. We will be unveiling a “US Lighthouse Service” plaque at Mr. O’Neill’s gravesite. Angel Hill Cemetery is off Route 40 in Havre de Grace. Address – 750 Ohio Street, Havre de Grace.
Any questions, email Greg at email@example.com