The Chapter started a volunteer program in 1997 to assist local organizations in the preservation and maintenance of Bay area lighthouses. Each year Chapter members are invited to volunteer at any of the projects scheduled for the year. You can volunteer for a single day or for several activities throughout the year. Check out our schedule of Preservation work days for 2013. If you are interested in a particular site or date, contact us via the address below and the coordinator for that activity will provide you with details.
In the past, volunteers have worked on Chapter projects at:
- Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse
- Hooper Island Lighthouse
- The Lightship Chesapeake and Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse with the Historic Ships in Baltimore Museum
- Drum Point and Cove Point Lighthouses at the Calvert Marine Museum
- Updating the Lighthouse Histories for the Coast Guard Web Site Histories Project
- Ft. Washington Lighthouse with the Park Service
- the Coast Guard Station on Assateague Island.
Donations to the Herb Entwistle Lighthouse Preservation (H.E.L.P.) Fund help finance the preservation activities.
Contact: Preservation Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org