The 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge +1!
September 21 and 22
Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge
List of 1st Finishers
Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY!
Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter!
Featuring the The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – Then and Now by Tony Pasek
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CHALLENGERS AND VOLUNTEERS!
You made this year’s event a success!
Here is the 2013 Line-up of Lights:
Challenge Lights (Mandatory stops for Event Completion): Choptank River Lighthouse Replica (Cambridge), Concord Point (Havre de Grace), Cove and Drum Point (Solomons), Fort Washington (Fort Washington Park), Hooper Strait (St. Michaels), the Lightship Chesapeake (Pier III Baltimore’s Inner Harbor), Piney Point (Piney Point), Point Lookout (Scotland) and Seven Foot Knoll (Pier V, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor).
To the Challenge faithful, please note: Due to circumstances beyond our control, Turkey Point Lighthouse will not be participating in this year’s event.
Event rules remain the same as in previous years: Visit any lighthouse and receive a souvenir at each! Visit ALL mandatory lights necessary for event “completion” (noted above) and receive a special souvenir proclaiming that you have “seen the lights!”
2013 BONUS Lighthouses
Blackistone Lighthouse Replica (St. Clement’s Island), Jones Point—the “+1” in the 2013 Maryland Challenge–(a lighthouse, just south of the western end of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Alexandria, Virginia), and Sandy Point Shoal (an offshore caisson style lighthouse visible from land at Sandy Point State Park – near Annapolis).
Stay tuned and come September – Gas up that vehicle and let the good times roll…
The Maryland Lighthouse Challenge…Making Maryland memories–one lighthouse at a time!
Contact: Challenge Coordinator, Karen Rosage, (410) 437-0741, email@example.com
The Challenge Rules are Simple
1. Print out the Driving Instructions (below).
2. Visit the nine lighthouses and 1 lightship noted above. (Or any number of the lights you choose to visit).
3. Collect the specially-designed commemorative souvenir from each.
4. Complete the visits within the designated hours of 8 am to 6:00 pm both days
5. Receive the “completion” souvenir at the last location IF you have visited all the others.
6. Sign the Challenge Completion Sheet.
- 1st Finishers Results! – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge 1. GRAND FIRST FINISHERS Concord Point LH Diane and David Richmond MD 09/21/13 3:25 PM 2. Ft. Washington Sandy Thorn-King, Robert and Romand MD 09/21/13 5:33 PM 3. Hooper Strait Karen and Fred Hundtermark, Michelle Gerry, Rhonda and Dwayne Sanders MD 09/22/13 11:54 AM 4. Point Lookout Myrna and Butch NJ 09/22/13 12:00 PM 5. Drum Point John & Pat ...
- 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge The Chesapeake Chapter’s 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge The 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge +1! September 21 and 22 Click here to see our photo album of Finishers, Volunteers and Memorable Moments from the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge List of 1st Finishers Take our AFTER CHALLENGE SURVEY! Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring the The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – ...
- Bonus Cruise! – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge – Thursday, September 19; Friday, September 20; and Monday, September 23. For those able to spend an extra day touring the great state of Maryland, there will be a 2013 Add-On Bonus Cruise to see some of the Bay’s more elusive lighthouses! This all-day excursion will be offered on Thursday, September 19; Friday, September 20; and Monday, September 23. Cruise participants will have the opportunity to view ...
- Discounted Hotel Accommodations – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge The Chesapeake Chapter wishes your stay in Maryland to be a wonderful one. For your convenience, listed below are the hotels/inns that are offering discounted accommodations along the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge route. The Chesapeake Chapter does not assume any responsibility for these accommodations, only that they are in close proximity to the lighthouses, and/or have ...
- Driving Directions – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge DOWNLOAD PDF DIRECTIONS Concord Point Havre de Grace, MD 410-939-3213 www.concordpointlighthouse.org GPS: 39 ̊ 32’ 27” latitude, 76 ̊ 05’ 06” longitude From Interstate I-95 Take Exit 89, Rt. 155 (Level Road) and go east about 2 miles to Rt. 40 (Pulaski Highway). Bear right onto Rt. 40, go 0.4 mi. to traffic light. Bear left at traffic light onto Otsego ...
- Early Bird Special! – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge A few years back, acknowledging that the Hooper Strait’s location in St. Michaels was a little off the beaten path from the others, we instituted our “Early Bird Special”. It, too, is great for Challengers who are able to devote an extra day to Challenge festivities. This year the Early Bird includes all of our ...
- Our Sponsors – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge WE THANK OUR SPONSORS!
- Passport Stamps – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge U.S. Lighthouse Society Passport Stamps
- Press Release – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 2013 CHALLENGE PRESS RELEASE
- Rack Card – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Rack Card
- Raffle! – 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge The Chesapeake Chapter is thrilled to announce the 2013 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge Raffle! And the winner is…Jim Foster, Fredericksburg, VA! Raffle winner Jim Foster of Fredericksburg, VA with a Cove Point “Beacon Buck” souvenir. Photo courtesy of A. Pasek Cove Point Lighthouse (1828) is the longest continuously operating lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay and one of the southern Maryland ...
- Souvenir: Beacon Bucks – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge CHALLENGE LIGHTS COMPLETER BONUS LIGHTS BONUS CRUISE Hooper Island Lighthouse
- Special Edition Newsletter – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge Download the Special Edition of the Challenge Newsletter! Featuring The Maryland Challenge Light Keepers – Then and Now by Tony Pasek www.cheslights.org/pdf/13ChallengeIssue.pdf
- T-Shirt Design – 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge Introducing the 2013 MD Lighthouse Challenge T-Shirt Design. This design is also available as an 8″ X 20″ Print. Look for it at selected location along the Challenge route.